Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blessed Ostara 2013


I wish I could say that this cute little bunny was the sight from my window.  I wish I could say that grass was greening and spring flowers were beginning to blossom.  I wish I could, but in Ontario Canada, we were blasted with another dusting of snow last night.  Not much, perhaps an inch or so; but enough to squash my hopes of getting into the garden soon.

Blessed Ostara, my witchy readers.  This Sabbat has really snuck up on me.  I have been surfing Pinterest for exciting and crafty things to do with the Witchlets, and it only occured to me this morning that TODAY was Ostara *face palm*

I had also started writing the new Ostara Issue of the Ezine... looks like it will be a "spring Issue" instead.  I'm not sure what it is about 2013, but I seem to lose track of time quickly, and the time change was less than helpful - it really has thrown me off.  Anyone else having this problem?

I had hoped to get some more personal pictures for the blog this morning... but when I turn my camera on, printed across the screen is "lens failure".  That can't be good.

My Witchy friends, what does your loaction look like this blessed Ostara?  Please feel free to share any pics or updates on my Facebook Fan page - I'd love to hear from you!

Reactions:

6 Thoughts:

  1. We are having an unseasonably chilly March here in Virginia. There's even talk of possible snow flurries tonight and tomorrow. (yes I said I live in Virginia, the southern tip as a matter of fact lol) The daffodils are in bloom along with the Bradford pear trees...beautiful sight...but with that winter nip still in the air. I did see a few fat Robins this morning so that's always a good spring sign. I wish you and your family a very Blessed Ostara and all the happiness that Spring brings with it.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love daffodils! havent seen any here yet. It was positively chillly out this morning, but I have seen a robin or two as well.
    BLessed Ostara to you and yours, June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It is an oddly chilly March in Virginia- it sounds as though we are close to one another, as we also live in the southern tip of Virginia. My hyacinths have begun blooming and the blueberry bushes are popping with buds, right beside our ice pocketed flagstone patio. My little Witchlet has been spotting squirrels, bunnies, and robins-oh and a few different woodpeckers-these last few days.
    Blessed Ostara to all!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking springy but feeling cold! :( god to "see" you! :)
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops that was supposed to be good

    ReplyDelete