Thursday, June 21, 2012

Self Love And Self Esteem

As some of you know, I have been having a difficult time as of lately.  My husband of ten years decided that he no longer wanted to be in our family dynamic and left the witchlets and I.  I had been having a very difficult time adjusting and that is why this blog had taken a back-burner.

One of the most important things I learned throughout this whole ordeal is the importance of self-love and self-esteem.  Love (for the self or otherwise) should not be dependant upon magick though, but at times a self-love/esteem spell is just a reminder to give yourself that extra boost you need to take on anything that the world throws your way.  Remember, love and self-esteem is something you generate within your own self and then it spreads out to others in the form of pure emotion.  It is a contagious feeling that others are sure to notice.


::: Self Love/Self Esteem Spell :::
(original arthor unknown/Modifications by Emberlyn Rayne)

You will need:
A Bath
7 Green Oak Leaves (Or Bay leaves if these are out of season)
Lavender Oil
A Purple or Yellow Candle (or check my candle colour correspondences HERE)
Purple Thread

Instructions :

Run the bath to a depth and temperature of your liking. Put the lavender oil and oak leaves into it, swish it around, then light the candles and climb into the bath. Close your eyes (be sure not to fall asleep). Begin to breathe deeply and slowly -- Visualize yourself breathing in a warming orange light of confidence, and breathing out murky coloured self-doubts.

Now imagine a warm yellow globe of light above your head, which slowly engulfs your body, touching all of you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Continue to breathe in slowly through your nose and out through your mouth.

When you are ready, recite the following:
I love my body.
I love my mind.
I love my spirit.
I love myself.
Blessed be the Goddess within me.

Continue to repeat this incantation until you are satisfied.

Upon the completion of your bath, thread the oak leaves on the purple thread.  The oak leaves may be carried with you (in a small box or envelope) and when you feel your self-esteem slipping, handle the leaves and repeat your incantation
 
Reactions:

4 Thoughts:

  1. When I read this I just wanted to give you a big hug and say I totally understand...I went through this many years ago. I just want you to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and no it's not a freight train ;) there really is life after divorce. Self love is an important part of the healing process, it won't happen over night but be patient it will happen and it will be well worth it. For me it took years of having affirmations posted to my bathroom mirror to convince myself that I was "good enough". We mom's have to survive things that others don't need to worry about for the sake of the kids...I remember slapping a smile on my face when all I wanted to do was curl up in a corner and cry...but work was necessary to support us, I didn't have the luxury of time for self pity. lol what mom does? Always remember that you are a child of the Goddess and that the Goddess loves you!! Hang in there I promise it does get better. I send you healing and comforting light. Blessed be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both!
    Chefette -- your words are very encouraging
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog look so beautiful and your all posts are really meaning full
    Thanx
    best self confidence books

    ReplyDelete