Wednesday, April 4, 2012

KWW: Witches Brew

Witches' Brew is a recipe found in Scott Cunninghams' book: the Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen.  I can't wait to try this one out!!  (P.S.  that is just a stock image that I liked - I'm pretty sure the actual recipe does not make a green brew!)

Ingredients:
3/4 ounce White Rum
3/4 ounce Dark Rum
1/4 ounce Orange Curacao
Sweet and Sour (I'm not sure exactly what this is... if you know, let me know in the comments!)
2 ounces Orange Juice
2 ounces Pineapple Juice
a "splash" of Gerenadine
Pineapple Slice and Maraschino Cherries to garnish
Crushed Ice

What to do:
Fill your glass with crushed ice.
Add other ingredients in order and garnish if desired.
Serve immediately.

Enjoy. -- and remember do not drink and fly drive!

------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Wanna join Kitchen Witch Wednesday??    Dont forget to leave a comment below with a link to your own Kitchen Witch Wednesday post.


And grab the logo code:




Reactions:

9 Thoughts:

  1. If I remember correctly sweet and sour is what they use to make whiskey sour type drinks.(or at least my mom did!) It was in powder for and came in a box with a few packets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! I will have to look around for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to give the KWW a try this week, and my post is here: http://www.endomental.com/2012/04/kitchen-witch-wednesday.html.

    I'll have to check back to some of your other recipes...sadly, I'm allergic to oranges, so this one is a no-fly zone for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no -- perhaps you could modify it. If you do, let me know ;)
    *flies off to check your post too!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay is right. I think it comes in more than one form, but I used to get powdered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy it in the liquid form. It looks yellow kind of like mountain dew, though I wouldn't suggest drinking this from the bottle. A splash usually goes a long way. You should be able to find it near the margarita or party mixed drinks in the alcohol section of any grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They also make blue curaçao which should have the same flavor. With all the other ingredients I would think it would look a little blue/green if you would prefer to go that color route.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and did anyone try this? It has rum and curacao, can't be bad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep forgetting to test this one! This summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete