Monday, April 2, 2012

A Confession

Hello.  My name is Emberlyn and I am a chronic houseplant killer.
Seriously.  It's almost embarrassing to be a Witch that cannot keep a little houseplant alive.

You'd never know if from looking at my lush and adundant herb garden, but when it comes to house plants, for the life of me, I cannot get them to survive.  I am ashamed to admit that the majority of my houseplants are fake.  And to be honest, I cannot figure out what I do wrong - I water them and ensure they get sun light but eventually they all shrivel.

Meet the latest of my casualties...


Reactions:

10 Thoughts:

  1. Your not the only witch who is plant challenged. So don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I tried to email you but evidently the email link isn't working. But I grabbed your button for my blog. Mine is at www.salemwitchchild.blogspot.com

    BB

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not the only one!!! Thank the Goddess!! I have a black thumb too. I have killed air-ferns for heaven's sake!

    (PS, the link on your 'Stitch Witchin' widget is broken, there's an extra 's' in the url)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh thanks for letting me know!


    And it feels good to know I am not alone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely not alone. This witch has had the houseplant "black thumb of death" for many years. I'm hoping with gardening forays outside that it doesn't translate there too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh. Flytraps are a pain to keep alive, to be fair. I've been doing fairly well with the numerous houseplants that we have, but the flytrap I got for my birthday in June died months ago. T^T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about it I'm great with house plants and really suck at outdoor plants. I have a 100 year old Christmas cactus I call my all holiday cactus seeing it blooms from Samhain to Easter covering all the major holidays. lol and the apartment is filled with house plants.... on the other hand I can't grow a garden to save my soul. Not even an herb window box. So we all have our specialties. (had a friend who couldn't grow houseplants either and decided that's why they make silk ones ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a witch :P but my indoor plants die too lol.. I can also grow outdoor plants and veggies.. mother in law is the same, maybe we just cant have 2 green thumbs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been strolling through your blogs. Mostly on a hunt for information via goggle that lead me here. Looking for common spirits to a religion newly embraced consciously, but suspect has always been alive within me....

    ... This particular blog made me giggle. I can't grow a houseplant to save my life. I do have a Christmas cactus that i have managed to keep alive for 3 years. I killed cactus as well as pothos ivy. However, my OUTSIDE gardens always do well. FUnny enough, that outside love of nature brought about via my father ( the son of a pastor no less) started the long road of finding my place. I still have a great many things to learn about Wiccan culture. A great many. But, from this blog and others, as well as Facebook pages, I find myself to be in great company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to have you here, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete