Monday, December 12, 2011

'Tis the Season?

© Jennifer Singleton
It seems like everyone is having trouble getting into the spirit of the season this year.  I'm just not feeling it...  the warmth and joy that is normally present just hasn't been expressed yet.  I haven't even gotten our Yule Tree or decorations up. I think it has alot to do with the sadness I am feeling about the commercialization of this holiday, the greed of everyone.

Have you gotten into the spirit of the season yet?


Reactions:

6 Thoughts:

  1. I'm not feeling it this year. I wasn't even planning on getting a tree but my 'It' said he'd take me to get one. So hopefully that will happen to nite and get me a bit more in the spirit of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten into it yet either. For me, it's because I just finished this semesters final exams. December snuck up on me and I didn't even notice.

    Hopefully we'll both get into the spirit of the season soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally feeling it, but I personally love the gift giving aspect. I enjoy having the opportunity to give my family gifts as there's only one other time a year I do it. My family is also very appreciative of things at the moment; my mother's house was foreclosed on earlier this year and my father and brother have just recently ended long term relationships. Being celebratory is a lot more fun as a result, because we're a lot more thanfkful for what we have now than we ever were before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was feeling it. Then we had a minor setback of a car repair that cut deeply into our holiday shopping fund and we weren't able to do family photos this year like we always do and this was all it took to kind of kill the mood for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the stage of learning about Yule and letting go of all the other "religious" beliefs. So I am finding my way. The tree went up with a snow and ice theme. Roses, ivy , candles and holly are on the mantel. I'm making it up as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I'm glad its not just me. I thought something was seriously wrong with me. I always love this time of year. It's always felt magickal to me. But I'm not feeling anything this year. I have no idea why. Planet alignment? I have no idea. Just glad I'm not the only one though.

    ReplyDelete