Wednesday, February 9, 2011

KWW: Fairy Berries

Time to get back into the swing of things with Kitchen Witch Wednesdays -- boy have I slacked off!

Image from: LINK
Today I have a really simple recipe that any little girl will love.
Both of my girlie witchlets love dressing up in fairy costumes...  so why not have a Fairy Tea Party...
The perfect snack for your little fairies is: FAIRY BERRIES

What You Need:
  • Large strawberries with stems
  • White chocolate (such as Nestle Premier White Morsels or Wilton White Candy Melts; 1 cup of pieces will coat about 12 strawberries)
  • Red food coloring
  • Decorating sugar (sprinkles also work well)
How to Make It: 
 
RINSE the berries, then pat them dry with paper towels. 
PLACE the white chocolate in a bowl and melt it in the microwave according to the package instructions. 
STIR in red food coloring until the chocolate is tinted pink (we used 5 drops for 1 cup of chocolate).
POUR the sugar onto a plate. Holding each berry by the stem, dunk it into the chocolate, then roll it immediately in the sugar. 
PLACE the berries on a sheet of waxed paper and let the coating harden.



Reactions:

3 Thoughts:

  1. That sounds so yummy!

    I used to make my own chocolate covered strawberries, but I always did it with dark chocolate.

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chocolate is good chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay the name alone *fairy berries* has me sold -- I can't wait to make this with my daughter! Thanks for sharing a great idea!

    ♥cyn♥

    ReplyDelete