As a mother, it is always hard to see your child ill or with a fever.
As a Witch, you often want to try natural remedies to ease the pain of fever.
PLEASE REMEMBER... check with a doctor before trying herbal remedies on yoursefl or your children!!
Catnip is often used as a fever remedy because it can promote sweating which will reduce the temperature. However it is important to note that exessive sweating will speed up the dehydration process.
An echinacea tincture or tea will often help to break a fever as well. Echinacea will also support immune functions during times of illness.
|Image from: LINK|
When taken internally, this tincture will help the body for fight off infection. Or alternatively, it may be used externally as a body wash.
Please note, this recipe takes 2 weeks to steep.
- Fill a quart jar 2/3 full of echinacea flowers.
- Pour 80 proof alcohol over flowers, filling jar.
- Cover jar tightly and label.
- Steep herb for at least 2 weeks, shaking jar every day.
- After 2 weeks, tincture can be strained if desired. The finished tincture will keep indefinitely.
- Repeat process using Echinacea roots. Combine these two finished tinctures to create a more powerful synergistic blend.
- Store tincture in a darkened area.Store in colored glass if possible.
- Strain tincture through fine cheesecloth, if desired.
- Do not use anything but glass to make your tinctures.