Wednesday, December 1, 2010

KWW: What's it About?

My goodness! It's Wednesday already!!
Welcome to Kitch Witch Wednesday: Edition Two...

Kitchen Witchery is a unique aspect of the Craft and it is more than just herbalism and baking... it's about honouring "mundane" kitchen activites and working with a suitable Goddess.  It involves finding a sacred meaning in daily household life.

One thing you may want to do is choose a Goddess.  Placing a figurine or representation of a Goddess in your home is powerful symbolism.   Kitchen Witch Goddesses may include: Hestia (Greek Goddess of Hearth and Home), Brighid (Celtic Goddess of Hearth and Home), Demeter (Greek Goddess of Grain and Harvest), Ceres (Roman Goddess of Grain and Harvest), Cerridwen (Celtic Goddess of Kitchens, Cooking, Food & Domesticity), Freyja (Norse Goddess), and Gaia ("Mother Earth").

Most Kitchen Witches will have a kitchen alter set up.  Mine is a simple alter set up on the window sill above my sink.  Your alter is a personal space that has meaning to you... so items upon should be a direct repesentation of yourself, your faith and your Goddess.  Mine very uncluttered, with a candle to one saide and a vase holding my kitchen "wand" (spoon) on the other. In the center is an offering to my Goddess.

Kitchen Magick is more potent when made with pure and fresh ingredients.  Use blessings to make your kitchen a sacred space and your meals will be nourishing and your magick abundant.


Reactions:

6 Thoughts:

  1. thank you for this greeeeeeeeeeat post!

    I was just skimming through your blog and found this post. I think kitchen witchery is about using what you know and working with what you've got, but this post has definitely helped me see what I can do differently. We are about to move into a new home, and I will have the PERFECT place for my kitchen altar!

    thank you Emberlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome sweetie!
    Thank you for your kind words & good luck on your move :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will be posting in a more regular fashion again, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog on google, this post is beautiful! a really interesting idea! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for stopping by :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete