Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Wheel of the Year...

I love trying to find songs and rhymes to make understanding of Wicca easier for the kids.  I stumbled across this song not so long ago....


The Wheel Of The Year 
(sung to the tune of Wheels on a Bus) 
~Source Unknown
The Wheel of The Year goes round and round,
round and round, round and round.
The Wheel Of The Year goes round and round
Through the Spiral Dance.

Wheel of the Year
Samhain is the brand New Year,
Brand new Year, brand New Year.
Samhain is the brand New Year,

And the Wheel goes round and round.

Light returns in the dark of Yule,
Dark of Yule, dark of Yule.
Light returns in the dark of Yule,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

New Witches dance at Imbolc’s fire,
Imbolc’s fire, Imbolc’s fire.
New Witches dance at Imbolc’s fire,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

Ostara welcomes back the Spring,
back the Spring, back the Spring.
Ostara welcomes back the Spring,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

At Beltane dance to wake the Earth,
Wake the Earth, wake the Earth.
At Beltane dance to wake the Earth,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

At Solstice crown the Holly King,
Holly King, Holly King.
At Solstice crown the Holly King,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

At Lughnasadh give thanks for grain,
Thanks for grain, thanks for grain.
For
Lughnasadh give thanks for grain,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

At Mabon leaves turn red and gold,
red and gold, red and gold.
At Mabon leaves turn red and gold,
And the Wheel goes round and round.

The Wheel of The Year goes round and round,
round and round, round and round.
The Wheel Of The Year goes round and round,
Through the Spiral Dance.
Reactions:

5 Thoughts:

  1. This is awesome. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute! Did you happen to get my email? :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :)
    Yes I did get it... will send you some suggestions later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just too cute!

    Love Leanne Nz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon your blog while looking for a calendar to guide my celebrations of nature and I'm so glad I did. I've made this Wheel of the Year my laptop back ground. It will be a beautiful reminder of upcoming celebrations to help me prepare. I've also added your blog to my favorites. Blessed be! ~Nellie

    ReplyDelete