- lemon balm
- organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Place equal amounts of the herbs into a jar and add a few cloves of garlic.
- Cover herbs with the vinegar.
- Cold infuse (allow to sit at room temperature) for 2-6 weeks (the time seems to vary from recipe to recipe).
- Strain off herbs and garlic and store in a labeled jar.
Four Thieves Vinegar has been called a powerful germicide disinfectant - all the ingredients are remarkable antibacterials or antivirals. It is commonly used by Witches for protection. You may take this potion orally... add a teaspoon to food - it is delightful on salads or added to a roast when cooking. Add it to your bath water for a protection spell. Also, spray topically on surfaces (including your skin) as a disinfectant.
~ Four Thieves Spell ~
During the Wanning Moon, place some of the Four Thieves Vinegar into a small bottle. Write on a piece of parchment the habit, person or thing you would like to be rid of and add this to the bottle as well. Seal the bottle with hot wax. Toss the bottle into moving water (such as a river) and imagine your life being rid of what you wrote about as the bottle is carried away from you.
(To personalize the spell, write a simple incantation as an additive to say either while you create the potion or as you are at the river's edge)