Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dill

Let me be honest with you my Witchy friends... I dislike dill. I love dill pickles and dill pickles chips, and dill as a seasoning, but I secretly hate the plant.  My husband (thinking he was doing a good thing) brought home dill for my herb garden.  Since I had extra room, I planted it and tended to it.  As soon as it had matured, I harvested and plucked the plants from the ground, hoping that my mint would have a new place to grow this spring.  This however, is not the case... the dill keeps coming back!! In Canada, we've had frigids frosts already and the dill just keeps thriving!  It is growing just to spite me, I think, because it knows how badly I do not want it....


Correspondences:
Proper Name: Dill (Anethum Graveolens)
Parts Used: Flower, leaf, stem, fruit, seeds, and essential oil
Spell Work: protection, money, love and lust
Aromatherapy Uses: (Oil) colic; constipation; dyspepsia; flatulence; headaches; indigestion; nervousness; amenorrhea

Home Protection Spell:
- 1 bowl
- 1 glass jar
- 1/2 to 1 cup sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 9 bay leaves
- 7 tsp. dried Basil
- 4 tsp. dill seeds
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp anise
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fennel

This spell should ideally be done in the morning, on a bright sunny day.
Place in the bowl and say: "Salt that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the cloves of garlic: "Garlic that protects, protect my home and all within."
Crumble the Bay leaves and place in the bowl: "Bay that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the basil and say: "Basil that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the dill and say: "Dill that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the sage and say: "Sage that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the anise and say: "Anise that protects, protect my home and all within."
Add the fennel and say: "Fennel that protects, protect my home and all within."
Mix together the salt and the herbs with your hands, the movement of your hands and fingers lends energy to the potent protective items.  Visualize your home safe and as a shining secure place. Pour the mixture in the jar and cap tightly.
Place it in your home with these words: "Salt and herbs, nine times nine; Guard now this home of mine"

Reactions:

3 Thoughts:

  1. I like dill. Now wormwood - that's a hardy plant. I planted it in a large container on the deck (once when I had a deck) and it grew and grew and it never cared a bit about winter.

    And mint - mint took over my garden once.

    So, I understand your feelings about dill. No judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Mint can take over too - I prune it back several times during hte season. I haven't tried wormwood yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were I know not to plant it, maybe plant it in a pot. I am working on starting a herb garden. I did a planter herb garden last spring, but it wen awful, the dogs kept breaking my planters!!

    I tend to ramble sorry
    new to your blog! love it so far! :)

    ReplyDelete