Sunday, October 24, 2010

Witchlets for Tea...


An autumn full moon... what a delightful time for a tea party!!

Of course we started our party by putting on our best witchy hats.
We then enjoyed a cup of Hot Chocolate "tea" and a crisp caramel apple... mmmmm, divine!

The Recipe:
12 Granny Smith (or Macintosh) apples
12 lollipop sticks
1 pound Caramel
Saran Wrap
Melted dark, white or milk chocolate
1/2 cup M&M’s or favorite candy topping (or more if you’re like me and can never have too much chocolate)
Waxed paper

The Instructions:
1. Insert lollipop sticks into core of apples.
2. Heat caramel until it becomes liquid (Use stove top or microwave). Once slightly cool, pour caramel onto one large piece of Saran Wrap and cover with another piece of the same size.
3. Roll out caramel in between the 2 pieces of plastic wrap to flatten. Cut caramel into long strips, about 4 inches long, to fit around apple.
4. Wrap caramel strips around apple. Stand upright on waxed paper and let set for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, melt dark, white or milk chocolate (careful not to burn it! Burnt chocolate smells horrible, tastes worse, and ruins cookware!). Pour melted chocolate into a metal bowl. Dip apples into chocolate.
6. Sprinkle chocolate covered apple with nuts, M&M’s or your favorite topping (Personally, I love crumbled Skor bars...). Place decorated apples onto wax paper, standing upright. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.



Reactions:

6 Thoughts:

  1. Yummy. I was looking for something just like this for my daughters birthday on Halloween. (skor is my favorite too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second only to pie: SPRINKLES! (Pie is my life, or so you may have heard? lol) And sprinkles on carmel apple crisp? DIVINE! Methinks I shall have my own dish of Chocolate Jimmies, though, as most certainly a double~dipper I will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful recipes!! Thank you.
    BB, Seshat
    http://seshatmoonwillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy recipes! I'm pretty partial to hot chocolate myself. Thank for sharing your tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to say,"Mom's a Witch".In fun,I got dubbed "Mom's a Witch "when one Halloween hubby made a life size Witch sitting in my wicker arm chair at the entrance of our home and when my son walked in from school, he took one look, stepped back and said "Mom?" Luckily hubby has it on film and every time we view it, we all laugh so hard. Thanks for the lovely party.

    •*´¨***~^..^~*Annabelle¸.•*´¨*¸*´¨*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally catching up on all the Enchanting Full Moon Tea Parties. Love your sweet blog, yummy treats & all your PICs. October 23 was my third Blogoversary, so October is a spooktacular Celebration month.

    Please fly by for my giveaways too...
    Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy

    My Haunted Halloween Party Link:
    http://bit.ly/dho880
    TODAYSGOLD
    http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete