Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kitchen Witchery: Apple Crumble

I love this time of year...
The colours in nature are amazing.
And apples are so plentiful!

Once a week, I will post a Kitchen Witchery entry; this week will be about apples - a recipe; specifically Apple Crumble. My witchlets love apples - we can hardly keep them in the house because as soon as they are bought, the kids have them eaten!

Apples should have a place in every cottage or kitchen witch's pantry... in addition to tasting delicious, they can be used in spell work. Apples can be used for love, healing and garden blessings. I always sprinkle a bit of (pure) apple juice on my gardens in the spring. And it helps to keep the Fae happy!

Onto the recipe....

Home-style Apple Crumble
Ingredients:
  • 6 medium sized apples - peeled/cored/sliced
  • 1/3 cup butter (room temp)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 oatmeal
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease a 9X9 baking dish.
Layer sliced apples in dish.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour and butter together... this should roughly resemble bread crumbs.
Thoroughly mix the rest of the ingredients into the flour/butter mixture.
Sprinkle on top of apples.
Bake for 30 mins or until apples are cooked and topping is golden.

Notes: I very rarely actually measure the ingredients, I just add as much or as little as I like :)


Reactions:

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment