Friday, September 24, 2010

The Harvest Moon


I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday!
The days are just getting away from me!
I hope everyone had a blessed Esbat.

The September full moon is known as the Harvest, Barley or Wine Moon. This is a time of balance. It is an excellent time to do magickal workings dealing with spiritual and/or physical health. It is a time to rejoice with the harvests of the season and celebrate the bounties of the fields. Honour the autumn/harvest Dieties such as Freyja and Demeter and prepare your home for the upcoming winter months.

On a side note... it's finally time again -- keep your eyes peeled for the next Confessions GIVE-AWAY contest... I'm still debating on what will be up for grabs, but I am pretty excited about this give-away!


¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤~♥ Blessings ♥¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)*•-:¦:-•:*''*:•-:¦:-*
Reactions:

3 Thoughts:

  1. I think the "Harvest Moon" has to be one of my favorite times...Have you ever heard the song "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young? It's so beautiful...Wishing you a bountiful harvest and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Mabon was a good one! Up here in dairyland we had a pretty good storm in addition to the full moon and equinox - the perfect time for spell casting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Wendy awesome song :)
    And this is my favourite time of year too!

    @Blue My Mabon was pretty quiet.. but enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete