"There's a few things I've learned in life: always throw salt over your
left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for
good luck, and fall in love whenever you can"
Lavender is one of my favourite herbs. I am harvesting some of the buds from my herb garden today. I generally try to wait until a full moon or Sabbat to do so, but this plant was in a hurry and would not wait. I must say though... my kitchen smells heavenly! Lavender has such a calming effect.
Magickal Properties: Lavender is a masculine herb, it's ruling planet is Mercury and Air is it's element. It is best known for its properties of contentment, balance, love, sleep and good health. Use it when any of these aspects is required. Because of the amazing scent to the flowers, lavender is often combined in light potpourris for keeping a home in balance or in sachets under pillows to promote good dreams and peaceful sleep.
-1 teaspoon fresh lavender flowers or 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
-1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons dried mint
-1 cup boiling water
-honey (to taste - optional)
In a teapot, combine the lavender flowers and mint.
Pour boiling water over the mixture; steep 5 minutes.
Yield: 1 cup.
Sweet Dreams Sleep Sachet
- Mix any or all of the following mugwort, rose petals, lemon balm, flax seed, lavender buds,catnip, valerian and peppermint together in a bowl.
- Plan to sew three sides together, leaving the top of the bag open, if you're making the bag. Make seams by folding 1/2 inch under on each side and sew together.
- Stuff herbal mixture inside bag. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Gather the top of the bag together and tie tightly with ribbon. If desired, you may sew the top of the bag and create a pillow instead.
- Place sachet under your pillow.
¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤~♥ Blessings ♥¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)*•-:¦:-•:*''*:•-:¦:-*