Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I was going to post this onto my Facebook Page, but I thought I would put it here instead. While surfing on Facebook, I came across a post by Patti Wigington at About.com's Pagan/Wiccan section.

Go ahead, pop over and read it... I'll wait right here.



Wow... what do you even say to someone that is that narrow-minded?? I was completely flabergasted at the ignorance of the mayor. Now, since becoming Wiccan, I have learned to be much more tolerant of other's views, but this seems down right wrong. And I am sure that Mayor Bob Butler is not the only one sharing these views... but it is sad. It really is.


¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤~♥ Blessings ♥¤´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)*•-:¦:-•:*''*:•-:¦:-*
Reactions:

3 Thoughts:

  1. "Mayor Bob Butler, who seems to be kind of an idiot"

    Haha! But seriously, this article contains so many wrongs on so many levels. Haven't there been enough lawsuits over the ten commandments on public grounds? Why do people (city officials, rather) CONTINUE to insist upon them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, even though I disagree with the Ten Commandments being put up as an expression of what the mayor thinks everyone believes, I also disagree with Donelson's reaction to it. Using the Rede as a comeback just doesn't sit right with me. If he doesn't want the Ten Commandments up (which directs people on how to worship God) then he shouldn't offer up the Rede either (which also directs people on how to worship).

    I know the atheists, agnostics and secular humanists in town are banging their heads against the nearest wall wishing the whole debate would end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know... that is a VERY good point! I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete