Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Witch's Garden


Every witch should have a garden.
Even city witches can have a mini indoor garden.
And this witch is no different -- I love my herb garden. I've even expanded it this year from a small 5 foot by 2 foot garden to a whopping 9.5 foot by 12 foot garden!! Currently my seedlings are sprouting in the toy room window, I can't wait to get them planted into the ground.

If you are just starting out your garden, check out the magickal properties of herbs to decide which ones will be best for you. Typically, plants found within a Witches Garden are; Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, Mint, Catnip, Henbane, Marjoram, Thyme, Rue, Angelica, Bay, Oregano, Dill, and Basil.

Happy gardening!
Reactions:

2 Thoughts:

  1. Hello, I just stumbled across your blog! I am just starting to build an indoor Witch's Garden. So far I have Lavender, Rosemary, Basil and Thyme. I am hoping to get Catnip, Mint, Sage and Dill soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!!
    Good luck with your herbs!

    My kitty got into mine before I could get all of them planted outside -- she ate my catnip & basil *lol*

    ReplyDelete