Thursday, February 18, 2010

Acceptance...




Today was a day I never thought would actually arrive.
Those of you that have been following my blog for a while may remember me talking about my mother and her original discontent with the Pagan religion and my desire to be Wiccan. After New Years, I was blown away by her calmness and non-confrontational reaction.
Today I went over to visit her before picking my one witchlet up from school.
I was greeted with, "Ohh, good, you're here - I have something for you."
She proceded to give me a gorgeous mini pottery creamer of sorts. I must say, I have a fetish for pottery these days. But it was her next comment that blew me away... "I thought it would loook lovely on your alter."
WOW.
The pictures really do not do it justice... but it is a lovely piece.
Reactions:

4 Thoughts:

  1. I think once the family gets over the fear of the unknown and start to realize what Witchcraft and Paganism are, they become more accepting. That is a beautiful piece of pottery too. What a lovely representative of Water on the altar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great. What a lovely piece. My mom would not be accepting, and my one sister would be making fun. I have been searching for my spirituality for awhile and a few years back, I thought of converting to Judaism. That didnt go over well, so I know what to expect with this.

    BB~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult when family is less than accepting. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete