Friday, January 29, 2010

My Familiar: Sawyer

Every witch is said to have a familar; a close animal companion that supports the witch to the fullest extent. Most modern Wiccans prefer to think of their familiars not as spirits but as animals with whom they are psychically connected. I feel lucky to have been blessed with two such beings. Each brings something different to our relationship. This blog entry will be solely about my 9 mos old long hair chihuahua, Sawyer.

Last year I was diagnosed with P.M.D.D. (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) with severe anxiety attacks. I decided that I would invest in a small dog as petting dogs is said to aleviate anxiety. Since last spring, I have gotten my condition under control and my lil pup, Sawyer and I are practically inseperable. I call him my witchy pup because he is always interested in my Wiccan rituals. When I am at my alter, he is at my alter. When I am reading wiccan books, he has his nose right in the book as well. We are deeply connected.

Below is the blessing I did with Sawyer. Afterwards, I created a small collar for him with moon and star charms.


PET BLESSING

If you have more than one pet, be sure to do each pet separately. Light a white candle and then, holding your pet (or its picture), kneel before the altar and recite the following prayer:

O Great Horned God, father of the woodlands, and loving lord of all creatures that walk crawl, swim and fly.
A threefold blessing I humbly ask of thee on this special day:
May {pet's name} life be a long, happy and healthy one.
May (s)he always receive your divine protection.
And when our incarnations in this world cease to be, may we forever be reunited in the great Wiccan otherworld known as the Summerland.

Chant name of pet and "Blessed Be" three times.

source: http://www.spells4free.com

Reactions:

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment