Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Magickal Herbs: Rosemary


Is there anything better than the fragrant aroma of an herb garden? I love my herb garden. However being in Canada, and having to experience harsh winters often for more than 6 months of the year, I only get to enjoy these captivating scents for a short time.

A few days before Samhain, I harvested my herb garden and prepared it for the impending winter. I was pleasantly surprized this morning when I went out to see that ALL of my herbs had regrown. My youngest witchlet & I have just finished re-harvesting all of the over growth. And boy - do we smell lovely! I adore the fragrance of rosemary in particular.

About: The name rosemary has nothing to do with the rose or the name Mary, but derives from the Latin name rosmarinus, which is from "dew" (ros) and "sea" (marinus), or "dew of the sea" — apparently because it is frequently found growing near the sea. It is associated with love and the Goddess Venus.

Use in the Craft: Rosemary is frequently used to attract love and is often made into sachets which can be placed under pillows (to induce dreams of future lovers) or under a doormat (to bring love to your door). This herb is also useful for protection against illness, evil spirits or negative energies.



******************************
Tranquil Home Sachet
- 3 parts Jasmine flowers
- 3 parts Rose petals
- 3 parts Rosemary
- 1 part Lavender
- 1 part Bay

Place in a pink cloth & tie with a green ribbon/cord.
Hang sachet over main entrance to home.


Blessed Be
)O(


Reactions:

2 Thoughts:

  1. I love that sachet idea! :) And I bet your herb garden is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun!
    I will be sure to send ya some pics of it in the spring :)

    ReplyDelete